Sunday, November 8, 2009

What a Good Week!

This week my husband has been out of town. This usually means frozen food or Mac & Cheese. But I made it a point to hightail it to the grocery store and pick up some healthy items. I bought low fat yogurt, fruits, veggies and some healthy snacks. I've been making some healthy dinners and eating a good breakfast, rather than my sugar-cereal norm. I feel good. But I am seriously craving some yummy ice cream from Dairy Queen. But I'm practicing my willpower and holding back from temptation. I am resisting!

As for exercise, I'm still working on getting motivated in that department. However, I will hopefully be getting a gym membership next week. Woo Hoo! It's so rainy where I live that it's hard to exercise outside, so a gym membership will be ideal.

I am taking a weight class every Monday and Wednesday mornings. Last week I weighed myself and I had gained a few lbs. and just about keeled over. Luckily my trainer was close by to reassure me that I'm gaining muscle tone and bone density. Yes, I have to keep repeating to myself... muscles and bone density... so I don't totally freak out about the number on the scale! As long as I'm healthy, feel healthy and look good, I guess it really doesn't matter what number the scales says. Right?

~ Jeni

No comments:

Post a Comment