Thursday, November 5, 2009

Hi Ladies!

When I got engaged in January of 2007 the first, well maybe second thing I thought about was fitting into a wedding dress. For the next year and a half I stressed myself out so much that I ended up gaining 15 lbs. I'll never be happy with the way I looked on my wedding day. By the time we hit our first anniversary I weighed my heaviest yet and was up a total of 52 lbs! Since the spring I've lost 17lbs but have not been truly dedicated.

I've never been overweight, or according to my BMI obese, before. In high school and I was an athlete and never had to think about weight. While I still don't think I'm a "big" girl I know I need to lose the weight and get healthy. DH and I want to start TTC in the next 6 months or so and I need to be at a healthier place to even think about carrying a baby. Last year I was diagnosed as pre-diabetic. While it should have been a wake-up call I haven't taken it as seriously as I should have.

In the past month DH and I have joined a new gym (that offers classes, so I won't get bored) and signed up for a weight loss competition. I think it's finally helping us change our lifestyles and start losing the weight. I think this blog will be a great way to share our progress and stay motivated. Thanks for letting me tell my story, it's good to admit to it.

Jan (futuremrso')

No comments:

Post a Comment