Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Only Way To Go Is Up

I'm Jeni ~ or JeniLovesNeil to my fellow Nesties.

Growing up and until I was about 22 I never had to worry about my weight. I was pretty active, but ate whatever I wanted and was always very slim. But I've always been an emotional eater, and have been known to hoard a box of Little Debbie's in my car, or pound down a box of cookies when I was feeling down.

In 2007, the year of my wedding, I went through a great deal of family drama that I felt I had no control over. I felt like my life was in a tailspin, and the only thing that was constant was that taste of junk food and being able to grab for that was my coping mechanism.

Since my wedding in August 2007 I have gained over 40 lbs., and feel horrible about the way I look. When I see myself in the mirror I cringe at the way I have let myself go. My husband is constantly supportive, and loves me no matter what size I am, but I need to be healthy and happy for me.

My husband and I have big plans for our future, and before we try to start a family I need to ensure that I am at my healthiest size so I can have the pregnancy and birth I desire.

Right now I am enrolled in a weight training class that meets for 1.5 hours two times a week. I've been doing this for six weeks, and although I don't see a visible difference, I have been increasing the weights that I lift and am able to do much more than when I started. I am still trying to get in exercise the rest of the week, and am working on signing up for a gym membership.

The hard part for me is the food! I LOVE food. All food, especially snack foods and desserts. And I never feel full. Major problem here! I could eat a bag of ginger snaps in the blink of an eye, or a few bowls of cereal in an evening. If I could curb this, I would be golden.

So here's my chance to start shedding these pounds, and pull my beloved "skinny" clothes out of storage! Think I can do it? You'll have to wait and see...

No comments:

Post a Comment