Monday, November 9, 2009

Ok... so not every weekend will be a great one.. health wise.

So, this past week I ate great and exercised Monday through Thursday. Then Friday came (my birthday) and we were supposed to go to Olive Garden for dinner. Well, the husband decided we should go on Saturday instead.. so that really messed me up. I had planned on eating a nice, but not so healthy meal on Friday night and skipping the working out. So, I ate 1/2 of a Subway sub (my lunch leftovers) instead and still skipped the workout. Then Saturday came and I ate a good breakfast, skipped lunch because we were shopping and then ate Olive Garden for dinner. I also did not work out on Saturday. Then of course Sunday I ate my leftovers as well as some not so healthy other foods.... and skipped the work out. But, today is a new day and the start to a new week, so I'm back on the wagon. I ate a good breakfast, packed a healthy lunch and plan to work out tonight.
Sometimes it's hard to eat great all the time, but I think my thinking has changed completely. Instead of the thoughts I used to have like "well, I've blown the diet now", I think "I know I won't stick to my diet every day, but I'll just pick up where I left off and stick with it". So, my lesson of the day is.... Don't give up just because you have a bad meal/ day/ week or whatever, just remember that each day is a new day and you can pick right back up where you left off!

Jeni-sounds like you're doing great! I bet when you start working out more, the weight will really start to fall off since you're eating right! What about the rest of you? How are you guys doing?

Also, remember to sign your posts so we know who you are!

-Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment